Thinking about a job or career change?
Are you feeling stuck, confused, bored, disillusioned or under-valued in your job and wishing for something better? But maybe you don’t know where to start. Maybe you have questions like:
- What are my options?
- Do I even have any options?
- What are my transferable skills?
- Should I quit or stay?
- Could I get another job?
- Could I make a fresh start and do something completely different?
This is your life – imagine yourself 20 years from now. What do you want to be looking back on? In 20 years time will you regret not taking time now to stock-take your situation and to launch your new phase?
Get clarity by giving yourself permission to seriously reflect on your situation with the aid of practical tools, tips and strategies (all in this e-book) so you can launch into 2019 with inspiration and momentum.
Dreaming about Career Change? Practical Strategies, Templates & Expert Tips from a NZ career development coach
How does one make a career change? How does one know if it’s the right choice, know what to do and how to go about it? The possibilities are infinite. Every client I’ve met has created their own unique solutions to suit their own unique situation, personality, interests, values and skills, which doesn’t help you – my reader – much!
The biggest message I want to convey is that you do have options. Many of my clients feel stuck, lost, confused and discouraged. They feel they have no options or too many options and can’t figure out the “right” path forward. But these things are not true, and most of my clients come to this realisation and it gives them courage and inspiration. I wish the same for you.
Issues addressed include:
- Why do people change careers?
- What stops people from making a change?
- What if you make the wrong decision?
- Is now the right time?
- Career Change examples
And we cover some common client concerns:
- I have no idea what else I could do
- I’m stuck, lost, confused
- I’m too old to change – it’s too late
- “I just want to mow lawns”
- I’m over 50
- Is it possible to “follow your passions”?
- I’ve been a [xxx] for so long, I don’t know if there’s anything else I can do
- What are my options
- Could a career test give me answers?
- What are my skills?
- I could do a lot of things but how do I know what’s the right choice?
- If I do this, will I get a job in my new field?
- Could I work for myself?
- Is it a cop-out to decide to stay put?
Want more? In the ebook, you’ll find my answers to the above and more, including checklists, tips, tools and client stories.